Sunday, February 11

TOK -- you gotta have faith!

Hey guys, as we dive headlong into our Ways of Knowing, our next topic will be a highly controversial one. A discussion of Faith and Knowledge can lead to some very impassioned responses. It shall then be my job to be both your teacher and moderator as we move into our next topic, and as such, I will attempt to provide you with a plethora of readings from our diverse world. Our first of these comes from an essay entitled The Theory Of Knowledge of St. Isaac the Syrian by St. Justin Popovich, and while it is an Orthodox Christian study of Faith and Knowledge, this essay provides us with a unique perspective in which to veiw the relationship between both. I do hope you will enjoy reading it as much as I have, as it is an extremely unique work. I would like you to have printed this out and read it closely for our next class. The essay can be found at the following link:

No comments: